The Governing body of Malton School is committed to a vision which balances the best traditional values with a modern and relevant academic curriculum and a wide range of extracurricular experiences. In support of the Aims of Malton School the Governing Body commits to support and challenge the leadership of the school:
- To work together with students, staff, parents, guardians and carers to create a safe, respectful and friendly environment.
- To raise already high academic standards and to embed a culture of aspiration and success.
- To provide equal educational opportunities to all students so that each can fulfil their own potential.
- To provide access to a broad range of experiences and enhanced educational opportunities equally to all students.
- To appoint and invest in well qualified, committed and enthusiastic staff:
- To support good standards of discipline, maintaining high standards of pastoral care and support.
- To maximise the benefits of being an 11-18 school.
- To provide a broad, exciting and varied extracurricular programme.
- To provide informed career guidance and support the development of skills and personal qualities needed in the work place .
- To promote closer links with other schools, colleges and businesses to develop the profile of the school in the local community.
- To pursue capital funding for improvements to buildings and resources within the school.
- To comply with legislation and to be aware of fiscal restrictions.
The following links provide information about our governors, the structure of the governing body and its associated committees and details of all governor responsibilities.
For any enquiries relating to the governing body, please contact Alison Cooper: ASC@.